Apparently it’s pizza week. My fond reminiscence of all things pizza brought to mind the pizza bites at the Old Chicago buffet. As much as I didn’t like Old Chicago’s pizza, Iactually looked forward to the bread rolls stuffed with pepperoni and cheese.
Here’s a version I found. These things are great on their own or make party appetizers.
- Pizza Dough
- mozzarella cheese, about 20 cubed pieces
- sliced pepperoni
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400˚.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.
- Divide the pizza dough into roughly 20 equal sized pieces.
- Take one of the dough pieces and press in a cube of cheese and two slices of pepperoni.
- Pull the edges of the dough down around the filling and seal.
- Place in the pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining dough. Each piece of dough should be touching each other in the pan. (It may seem crowded, but will be fine.)
- Lightly brush the tops of the dough with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature, with dipping sauce if desired.